Current conditions | Hour by hour
- Feels Like: 70 °F
- Humidity: 94%
- Wind: 8 mph NNE
- Sunrise 6:52 AM
- Sunset: 8:02 PM
- Barometer: 29.89 in
Chance of T-storms
- Hi 85° Lo 71°
- Chance of a Thunderstorm
- Hi 81° Lo 68°
- Mostly Cloudy
- Hi 81° Lo 63°
- Partly Cloudy
- Hi 84° Lo 66°
- Tuesday... Showers and thundershowers likely. Gusty winds and small hail are possible. High around 80F. Winds E at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 100%. 1 to 2 inches of rain expected.
- Tuesday Night... Scattered thunderstorms early, then cloudy skies after midnight. Low 73F. Winds SE at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 40%.
- Wednesday... Scattered thunderstorms in the morning. Partly cloudy skies late. High around 85F. Winds WSW at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of rain 50%.
- Wednesday Night... A few clouds. Low 71F. Winds WNW at 10 to 20 mph.
- Thursday... Considerable cloudiness. High 81F. Winds NW at 10 to 20 mph.
|Almanac | Key: T = Trace of precipitation; MM = data not available|
|April 28, 2015|
|Normal high:||84°||Record high:||91° (1991)|
|Normal low:||65°||Record low:||48° (1977)|
|Complete weather almanac|
Latest weather stories
Coastal Hazard Statement
Statement as of 3:24 am EDT on April 28, 2015
... Moderate rip current risk now in effect through Wednesday
* timing... through Wednesday evening.
* Impacts... rip currents will have the potential to be stronger
and more frequent for the next day or two.
Rip currents are powerful channels of water flowing quickly away
from shore... which occur most often at low spots or breaks in The
Sandbar and in the vicinity of structures such as groins...
jetties and piers. Heed the advice of lifeguards and the beach
patrol. Pay attention to flags and posted signs.
If you become caught in a rip current... do not panic. Remain calm
and begin to swim parallel to shore. Once you are away from the
force of the rip current... begin to swim back to the beach. Do
not attempt to swim directly against a rip current. Even a strong
swimmer can become exhausted quickly.