Current conditions | Hour by hour
- Feels Like: 63 °F
- Humidity: 59%
- Wind: 10 mph West
- Sunrise 7:19 AM
- Sunset: 6:05 PM
- Barometer: 29.91 in
- Hi 68° Lo 45°
- Hi 66° Lo 46°
- Hi 72° Lo 54°
- Hi 75° Lo 55°
- Partly Cloudy
- Monday... Partly cloudy with a chance of rain. High of 64F. Breezy. Winds from the WNW at 15 to 20 mph. Chance of rain 20%.
- Monday Night... Clear. Low of 52F. Winds from the NW at 5 to 15 mph.
- Tuesday... Clear. High of 68F. Winds from the NW at 10 to 15 mph.
- Tuesday Night... Partly cloudy. Low of 45F. Winds from the NW at 10 to 15 mph.
- Wednesday... Clear. High of 66F. Winds from the North at 10 to 15 mph.
|Almanac | Key: T = Trace of precipitation; MM = data not available|
|January 26, 2015|
|Normal high:||70°||Record high:||84° (1950)|
|Normal low:||52°||Record low:||23° (1905)|
|Complete weather almanac|
Latest weather stories
High Surf Advisory, Coastal Hazard Statement
Statement as of 3:34 am EST on January 26, 2015
... High surf advisory in effect until 7 am EST Tuesday...
... Rip current risk in effect through Tuesday morning...
The National Weather Service in Tampa Bay Ruskin has issued a
high surf advisory... which is in effect until 7 am EST Tuesday. A
rip current risk has also been issued. This rip current risk is
in effect through Tuesday morning.
* Waves and surf... northwest winds of 20-25 knots with higher
gusts will build surf to around 5-7 feet.
* Timing... surf will begin to build early this morning as a cold
front crosses the region and will remain elevated through early
* Impacts... rough surf and a high risk of rip currents are
expected along area beaches.
A high surf advisory is issued when dangerous water action is
expected along the coast. This includes rough surf... large
breaking waves... rip currents... and strong undertow.
Beach goers are urged to heed lifeguard warnings.
Rip currents are powerful channels of water flowing quickly away
from shore... which occur most often at low spots or breaks in The
Sandbar and in the vicinity of structures such as groins...
jetties and piers. Heed the advice of lifeguards and the beach
patrol. Pay attention to flags and posted signs.
If you become caught in a rip current... do not panic. Remain calm
and begin to swim parallel to shore. Once you are away from the
force of the rip current... begin to swim back to the beach. Do
not attempt to swim directly against a rip current. Even a strong
swimmer can become exhausted quickly.
Lake Wind Advisory
Statement as of 3:27 am EST on January 26, 2015
... Lake Wind Advisory in effect from 11 am this morning to 6 PM
EST this evening...
The National Weather Service in Tampa Bay area - Ruskin FL has
issued a lake Wind Advisory... which is in effect from 11 am this
morning to 6 PM EST this evening.
* Timing... winds will increase behind the cold front by late this
* Winds... northwest winds of 20 to 25 mph with higher gusts.
* Impacts... hazardous conditions on area lakes.
A lake Wind Advisory is issued when sustained winds are forecast
to be 20 to 29 mph with frequent gusts to near or above gale
force for at least 3 hours. Winds of these magnitudes will
create rough conditions on larger area lakes which could produce
damage to... or flip... small pleasure craft.
Outdoor enthusiasts may wish to postpone lake related activities
until conditions improve.