Current conditions | Hour by hour
- Feels Like: 65 °F
- Humidity: 61%
- Wind: 5 mph NW
- Sunrise 7:40 AM
- Sunset: 6:46 PM
- Barometer: 29.94 in
- Hi 66° Lo 46°
- Partly Cloudy
- Hi 70° Lo 48°
- Hi 75° Lo 57°
- Partly Cloudy
- Hi 79° Lo 64°
- Partly Cloudy
- Friday... Partly cloudy. High of 79F. Winds from the NW at 10 to 15 mph.
- Friday Night... Clear in the evening, then partly cloudy with a chance of rain. Low of 59F. Winds from the NW at 5 to 10 mph.
- Saturday... Partly cloudy. High of 66F. Breezy. Winds from the NNW at 15 to 25 mph with gusts to 30 mph.
- Saturday Night... Clear in the evening, then partly cloudy. Low of 46F. Winds from the NNW at 5 to 15 mph.
- Sunday... Clear in the morning, then partly cloudy. High of 70F. Winds from the North at 5 to 10 mph.
|Almanac | Key: T = Trace of precipitation; MM = data not available|
|October 31, 2014|
|Normal high:||81°||Record high:||89° (1971)|
|Normal low:||64°||Record low:||43° (1963)|
|Complete weather almanac|
Latest weather stories
High Surf Advisory, Coastal Hazard Statement
Statement as of 2:02 PM EDT on October 31, 2014
... High surf advisory in effect from midnight EDT tonight to 4 am
... Rip current risk in effect from midnight EDT tonight through
late Saturday night...
The National Weather Service in Tampa Bay Ruskin has issued a
high surf advisory... which is in effect from midnight EDT tonight
to 4 am EST Sunday. A rip current risk has also been issued. This
rip current risk is in effect from midnight EDT tonight through
late Saturday night.
* Waves and surf... seas will increase to 7 to 9 feet near shore
and 10 to 15 feet offshore.
* Timing... midnight tonight through early Sunday morning.
* Impacts... rough surf along with large breaking waves and a high
risk of rip currents are expected along area beaches.
A high surf advisory is issued when dangerous water action is
expected along the coast. This includes rough surf... large
breaking waves... rip currents... and strong undertow.
Beach goers are urged to heed lifeguard warnings.
Rip currents are powerful channels of water flowing quickly away
from shore... which occur most often at low spots or breaks in The
Sandbar and in the vicinity of structures such as groins...
jetties and piers. Heed the advice of lifeguards and the beach
patrol. Pay attention to flags and posted signs.
If you become caught in a rip current... do not panic. Remain calm
and begin to swim parallel to shore. Once you are away from the
force of the rip current... begin to swim back to the beach. Do
not attempt to swim directly against a rip current. Even a strong
swimmer can become exhausted quickly.
Lake Wind Advisory
Statement as of 2:10 PM EDT on October 31, 2014
... Lake Wind Advisory in effect from 8 am to 8 PM EDT Saturday...
The National Weather Service in Tampa Bay area - Ruskin FL has
issued a lake Wind Advisory... which is in effect from 8 am to
8 PM EDT Saturday.
* Timing... 8 am to 8 PM EDT on Saturday.
* Winds... northwest winds will increase to around 20 mph with
frequent gusts up to 35 mph.
* Impacts... hazardous boating conditions will develop on area
lakes as winds increase across the region.
A lake Wind Advisory is issued when sustained winds are forecast
to be 20 to 29 mph with frequent gusts to near or above gale
force for at least 3 hours. Winds of these magnitudes will
create rough conditions on larger area lakes which could produce
damage to... or flip... small pleasure craft.
Outdoor enthusiasts may wish to postpone lake related activities
until conditions improve.