Current conditions | Hour by hour
- Feels Like: 54 °F
- Humidity: 54%
- Wind: 8 mph NNW
- Sunrise 7:12 AM
- Sunset: 6:16 PM
- Barometer: 30.06 in
- Hi 58° Lo 40°
- Partly Cloudy
- Hi 65° Lo 47°
- Hi 72° Lo 54°
- Hi 70° Lo 42°
- Partly Cloudy
- Tuesday... A few sprinkles possible early. Cloudy with gusty winds developing this afternoon. High 59F. Winds WNW at 20 to 30 mph.
- Tuesday Night... Cloudy. Low 47F. Winds WNW at 10 to 20 mph.
- Wednesday... Mostly cloudy skies early, then partly cloudy in the afternoon. High 58F. Winds NW at 10 to 20 mph.
- Wednesday Night... Clear skies. Low 41F. Winds NNW at 5 to 10 mph.
- Thursday... Mainly sunny. High around 65F. Winds NNW at 5 to 10 mph.
|Almanac | Key: T = Trace of precipitation; MM = data not available|
|February 9, 2016|
|Normal high:||72°||Record high:||85° (1939)|
|Normal low:||54°||Record low:||23° (1895)|
|Complete weather almanac|
Latest weather stories
High Surf Advisory, Coastal Hazard Statement
Statement as of 4:50 am EST on February 9, 2016
... High surf advisory remains in effect until 1 PM EST
... High rip current risk remains in effect through Thursday
* high surf... surf of 5 to 8 feet can be expected.
* High surf timing... through Wednesday morning.
* High surf impacts... high surf will create dangerous rip
currents along area beaches. The extended period of large surf
may also result in beach erosion.
* Rip current timing... through Thursday evening.
* Rip current impacts... large breaking surf will result in a
high risk of frequent dangerous rip currents along area
beaches through Thursday evening.
Rip currents are powerful channels of water flowing quickly away
from shore... which occur most often at low spots or breaks in The
Sandbar and in the vicinity of structures such as groins...
jetties and piers. Heed the advice of lifeguards and the beach
patrol. Pay attention to flags and posted signs.
If you become caught in a rip current... do not panic. Remain calm
and begin to swim parallel to shore. Once you are away from the
force of the rip current... begin to swim back to the beach. Do
not attempt to swim directly against a rip current. Even a strong
swimmer can become exhausted quickly.
A high surf advisory is issued when dangerous water action is
expected along the coast. This includes rough surf... large
breaking waves... rip currents... and strong undertow.
Beach goers are urged to heed lifeguard warnings.
Lake Wind Advisory
Statement as of 4:12 am EST on February 9, 2016
... Lake Wind Advisory in effect from 11 am this morning to 6 PM
EST this evening...
The National Weather Service in Tampa Bay area - Ruskin FL has
issued a lake Wind Advisory... which is in effect from 11 am this
morning to 6 PM EST this evening.
* Timing... 11 am to 6 PM EST
* winds... sustained winds of 20 to 25 mph with some higher gusts
over area lakes.
* Impacts... hazardous boating conditions on area lakes.
A lake Wind Advisory is issued when sustained winds are forecast
to be 20 to 29 mph with frequent gusts to near or above gale
force for at least 3 hours. Winds of these magnitudes will
create rough conditions on larger area lakes which could produce
damage to... or flip... small pleasure craft.
Outdoor enthusiasts may wish to postpone lake related activities
until conditions improve.