Current conditions | Hour by hour
- Feels Like: -
- Wind: Calm
- Sunrise 7:20 AM
- Sunset: 6:03 PM
- Barometer: in
- Hi 72° Lo 55°
- Hi 77° Lo 67°
- Hi 79° Lo 57°
- Mostly Cloudy
- Hi 67° Lo 51°
- Partly Cloudy
- Monday... Partly cloudy. Lows overnight in the upper 50s.
- Monday Night... Some clouds this evening will give way to mainly clear skies overnight. Low 59F. Winds NW at 10 to 20 mph.
- Tuesday... A mainly sunny sky. High 72F. Winds WNW at 5 to 10 mph.
- Tuesday Night... Clear skies. Low near 55F. Winds light and variable.
- Wednesday... Sunshine along with some cloudy intervals. High 77F. Winds S at 10 to 15 mph.
|Almanac | Key: T = Trace of precipitation; MM = data not available|
|January 23, 2017|
|Normal high:||67°||Record high:||83° (2002)|
|Normal low:||49°||Record low:||31° (1985)|
|Complete weather almanac|
Latest weather stories
High Surf Advisory, Coastal Hazard Statement
Statement as of 2:48 PM EST on January 23, 2017
... High surf advisory remains in effect until 1 PM EST Tuesday...
... High rip current risk remains in effect through Tuesday
* high surf... 6-8 ft today and 4-6 ft Tuesday.
* High surf timing... this afternoon through Tuesday.
* High surf impacts... a high surf advisory means that high surf
will affect beaches in the advisory area... producing localized
beach erosion and dangerous swimming conditions.
* Rip current timing... this afternoon through Tuesday evening.
* Rip current impacts... strong and dangerous rip currents are
forecast which will be hazardous for those in the surf zone.
Rip currents are powerful channels of water flowing quickly away
from shore... which occur most often at low spots or breaks in The
Sandbar and in the vicinity of structures such as groins...
jetties and piers. Heed the advice of lifeguards... beach patrol...
flags and signs.
If you become caught in a rip current... Yell for help. Remain
calm... do not exhaust yourself and stay afloat while waiting for
help. If you have to swim out of a rip current... swim parallel to
shore and back toward the beach when possible. Do not attempt to
swim directly against a rip current as you will tire quickly.
A high surf advisory means that high surf will affect beaches in
the advisory area... producing localized beach erosion and
dangerous swimming conditions.
Small Craft Advisory
Statement as of 7:23 PM EST on January 23, 2017
... Small Craft Advisory remains in effect until 4 am EST
... Gale Warning has expired...
* winds... 20 to 25 knots with gusts to around 30
knots... decreasing to 15 to 20 knots overnight.
* Waves/seas... rough decreasing to a moderate chop by morning.
A Small Craft Advisory means that wind speeds of 21 to 33 knots
are expected to produce hazardous wave conditions to small craft.
Inexperienced mariners... especially those operating smaller
vessels should avoid navigating in these conditions.