Current conditions | Hour by hour
- Feels Like: 89 °F
- Humidity: 82%
- Wind: 10 mph West
- Sunrise 6:50 AM
- Sunset: 8:21 PM
- Barometer: 29.96 in
- Hi 93° Lo 79°
- Partly Cloudy
- Hi 95° Lo 79°
- Hi 90° Lo 77°
- Partly Cloudy
- Hi 90° Lo 79°
- Chance of a Thunderstorm
- Tuesday... Partly cloudy with thunderstorms and rain showers in the morning, then overcast with thunderstorms and rain showers. High of 90F. Winds from the West at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 40%.
- Tuesday Night... Mostly cloudy with thunderstorms and rain showers in the evening, then overcast. Low of 81F with a heat index of 95F. Winds from the West at 5 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 30%.
- Wednesday... Partly cloudy. High of 93F with a heat index of 99F. Winds from the WNW at 5 to 10 mph.
- Wednesday Night... Partly cloudy. Low of 79F. Winds from the NW at 5 to 10 mph.
- Thursday... Partly cloudy with thunderstorms and rain showers in the afternoon. High of 95F. Winds from the WNW at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 20%.
|Almanac | Key: T = Trace of precipitation; MM = data not available|
|July 29, 2014|
|Normal high:||90°||Record high:||97° (1993)|
|Normal low:||76°||Record low:||67° (1919)|
|Complete weather almanac|
Latest weather stories
Coastal Hazard Statement
Statement as of 4:35 am EDT on July 29, 2014
... Rip current risk remains in effect through this evening...
* timing... through Tuesday.
* Impacts... moderate risk of rip currents at area beaches. Rip
currents are very dangerous and can pull even the strongest
swimmers out into deeper waters.
Rip currents are powerful channels of water flowing quickly away
from shore... which occur most often at low spots or breaks in The
Sandbar and in the vicinity of structures such as groins...
jetties and piers. Heed the advice of lifeguards and the beach
patrol. Pay attention to flags and posted signs.
If you become caught in a rip current... do not panic. Remain calm
and begin to swim parallel to shore. Once you are away from the
force of the rip current... begin to swim back to the beach. Do
not attempt to swim directly against a rip current. Even a strong
swimmer can become exhausted quickly.