New York, NY
Current conditions | Hour by hour
- Feels Like: 90 °F
- Humidity: 27%
- Wind: 4 mph variable
- Sunrise 5:44 AM
- Sunset: 8:19 PM
- Barometer: 29.84 in
- Hi 93° Lo 76°
- Hi 98° Lo 78°
- Chance of a Thunderstorm
- Hi 98° Lo 75°
- Partly Cloudy
- Hi 92° Lo 74°
- Saturday... Clear. Lows overnight in the low 70s.
- Saturday Night... Clear skies. Low 73F. Winds NNW at 10 to 15 mph.
- Sunday... Generally sunny despite a few afternoon clouds. High 93F. Winds NW at 5 to 10 mph.
- Sunday Night... A few clouds from time to time. Low 76F. Winds light and variable.
- Monday... A mix of clouds and sun with the chance of an isolated thunderstorm in the afternoon. A few storms may be severe. High 98F. Winds SW at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 30%.
|Almanac | Key: T = Trace of precipitation; MM = data not available|
|July 23, 2016|
|Normal high:||84°||Record high:||100° (2011)|
|Normal low:||69°||Record low:||58° (1890)|
|Complete weather almanac|
Latest weather stories
Excessive Heat Watch
Statement as of 7:02 PM EDT on July 23, 2016
... Excessive heat watch remains in effect from Monday morning
through Monday afternoon...
... Heat advisory has expired...
* heat index values... up to 105 degrees Monday afternoon.
* Timing... highest heat indices Monday afternoon.
* Impacts... hot conditions will increase the risk for heat
related health issues... especially for the elderly... those
with chronic health problems such as lung and heart disease...
those working outdoors... and other heat sensitive groups of
An excessive heat watch means that the combination of heat and
humidity could create a dangerous situation in which heat
illnesses are possible. Take extra precautions if you work or
spend time outside. When possible... reschedule strenuous
activities to early morning or evening. Know the signs and
symptoms of heat exhaustion and heat stroke. Wear light weight
and loose fitting clothing when possible and drink plenty of
Use air conditioning to stay cool at home or go to a place that
has air conditioning. Check on vulnerable friends... family
members and neighbors. To find a NYC cooling center call 3-1-1 or
To reduce risk during outdoor work the occupational safety and
health administration recommends scheduling frequent rest breaks
in shaded or air conditioned environments. Anyone overcome by heat
should be moved to a cool and shaded location. Heat stroke is an
emergency... call 9 1 1.