New York, NY
Current conditions | Hour by hour
- Feels Like: 52 °F
- Humidity: 53%
- Wind: 8 mph WNW
- Sunrise 6:05 AM
- Sunset: 7:43 PM
- Barometer: 29.60 in
- Hi 61° Lo 43°
- Hi 64° Lo 50°
- Chance of Rain
- Hi 64° Lo 48°
- Partly Cloudy
- Hi 59° Lo 43°
- Partly Cloudy
- Wednesday... Partly cloudy. High of 61F. Windy. Winds from the NW at 15 to 30 mph with gusts to 40 mph.
- Wednesday Night... Clear. Low of 39F. Windy. Winds from the NW at 15 to 25 mph with gusts to 40 mph.
- Thursday... Clear. High of 61F. Windy. Winds from the NW at 20 to 25 mph with gusts to 35 mph.
- Thursday Night... Clear. Low of 43F. Winds from the NNW at 5 to 15 mph.
- Friday... Partly cloudy with a chance of rain in the afternoon. High of 64F. Winds from the ENE at 5 to 15 mph shifting to the South in the afternoon. Chance of rain 30%.
|Almanac | Key: T = Trace of precipitation; MM = data not available|
|April 23, 2014|
|Normal high:||64°||Record high:||86° (2007)|
|Normal low:||47°||Record low:||32° (1930)|
|Complete weather almanac|
Latest weather stories
Statement as of 5:41 am EDT on April 23, 2014
... Enhanced risk of fire spread today...
The combination of strong northwest winds and a drying air mass
will result in conditions favorable for the rapid spread of brush
fires... especially this afternoon.
Relative humidity will be lowest this afternoon... dropping to 35
to 40 percent and winds will gust up to 40 mph. These conditions
would likely aid fire spread if ignition occurs.
If you spot a fire or smoke plume... please report it to the
Fire Weather Watch
Statement as of 10:00 am EDT on April 23, 2014
... Fire Weather Watch remains in effect from Thursday morning
through Thursday evening for high winds and low relative humidity
for the entire tri-state region...
* affected area... the entire tri-state region.
* Winds... northwest 15 to 25 mph with gusts up to 40 mph.
* Relative humidity... as low as 18 percent.
* Timing... late Thursday morning through Thursday evening.
* Impacts... rapid fire spread possible if ignition occurs.
A Fire Weather Watch means that critical fire weather conditions
are forecast to occur. Listen for later forecasts and possible
red flag warnings.