New York, NY
Current conditions | Hour by hour
- Feels Like: 33 °F
- Humidity: 82%
- Wind: 4 mph variable
- Sunrise 6:25 AM
- Sunset: 5:50 PM
- Barometer: 29.79 in
Chance of Rain
Chance of Rain
- Hi 28° Lo 13°
- Hi 30° Lo 18°
- Hi 41° Lo 29°
- Hi 43° Lo 28°
- Wednesday... Showers early becoming a steady light rain later in the day. High 44F. Winds SW at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 70%.
- Wednesday Night... Rain mixing with and changing to snow late. Low 28F. Winds WNW at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of precip 90%. About one inch of snow expected.
- Thursday... Cloudy with snow. High 28F. Winds NNW at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of snow 80%. Snow accumulating 1 to 3 inches.
- Thursday Night... Some clouds early will give way to generally clear conditions overnight. Near record low temperatures. Low 13F. Winds NNW at 5 to 10 mph.
- Friday... Sunny skies. High around 30F. Winds WNW at 5 to 10 mph.
|Almanac | Key: T = Trace of precipitation; MM = data not available|
|March 4, 2015|
|Normal high:||46°||Record high:||70° (1974)|
|Normal low:||32°||Record low:||7° (1943)|
|Complete weather almanac|
Latest weather stories
Winter Storm Watch
Statement as of 1:13 am EST on March 4, 2015
... Winter Storm Watch remains in effect from this evening through
* locations... southern Connecticut... Long Island... New York
City... southern Westchester... and portions of northeast New
* Hazard types... heavy snow Wednesday night into Thursday.
* Accumulations... snow accumulation of 4 to 8 inches.
* Timing... snow develops late Wednesday night and continues
through Thursday afternoon.
* Impacts... hazardous travel conditions are expected due to
greatly reduced visibilities and significant snow
A Winter Storm Watch means there is a potential for significant
snow... sleet... or ice accumulations that may impact travel.
Continue to monitor the latest forecasts.