Current conditions | Hour by hour
- Feels Like: 75 °F
- Humidity: 79%
- Wind: 9 mph NE
- Sunrise 5:34 AM
- Sunset: 8:20 PM
- Barometer: 29.95 in
- Hi 87° Lo 70°
- Hi 88° Lo 65°
- Partly Cloudy
- Hi 77° Lo 63°
- Hi 83° Lo 67°
- Friday... Areas of patchy fog early. Cloudy this morning followed by isolated thunderstorms this afternoon. High 89F. Winds ESE at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 30%.
- Friday Night... Scattered thunderstorms this evening becoming more widespread overnight. A few storms may be severe. Low around 75F. Winds SSW at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 80%.
- Saturday... Overcast. A stray shower or thunderstorm is possible. High 87F. Winds W at 10 to 15 mph.
- Saturday Night... Partly cloudy. Low near 70F. Winds NW at 10 to 15 mph.
- Sunday... Partly cloudy. A stray shower or thunderstorm is possible. High 88F. Winds WNW at 10 to 15 mph.
|Almanac | Key: T = Trace of precipitation; MM = data not available|
|July 21, 2017|
|Normal high:||84°||Record high:||103° (1901)|
|Normal low:||64°||Record low:||51° (1970)|
|Complete weather almanac|
Latest weather stories
Statement as of 9:26 PM CDT on July 20, 2017
926 PM CDT Thu Jul 20 2017
The Flood Warning continues for
the Des Plaines river at Riverside.
* Until Saturday evening.
* At 845 PM Thursday the stage was 7.6 feet.
* Flood stage is 7.0 feet.
* Minor flooding is occurring and minor flooding is forecast.
* Forecast... the river will continue rising to near 7.7 feet by
Friday morning. The river will fall below flood stage Saturday
* Impact... at 7.5 feet... park areas are inundated near Salt Creek.
Lat... Lon 4187 8777 4183 8776 4174 8780 4178 8791
4184 8786 4186 8787
The Flood Warning continues for
the Des Plaines river near Des Plaines.
* Until Monday afternoon.
* At 845 PM Thursday the stage was 18.2 feet.
* Flood stage is 15.0 feet.
* Recent activity... gage datum was changed by 10 feet on Nov 14 2014.
Flood thresholds and flood impacts are now 10 feet higher than
* Moderate flooding is occurring and moderate flooding is forecast.
* Forecast... the river will continue to rise near 18.2 feet by early
Friday. The river will fall below flood stage by late Monday
* Impact... at 18.5 feet... flood waters affect residential areas of Big
Bend drive, Mason Lane, River Road, and Howard.
Lat... Lon 4212 8784 4196 8780 4196 8790 4212 8794
Flash Flood Watch, Flood Advisory
Statement as of 4:16 am CDT on July 21, 2017
931 PM CDT Thu Jul 20 2017
... Flash Flood Watch remains in effect from 4 PM CDT this
afternoon through Saturday morning...
The Flash Flood Watch continues for
* portions of north central Illinois and northeast Illinois,
including the following areas, in north central Illinois,
Boone, De Kalb, La Salle, Lee, Ogle, and Winnebago. In
northeast Illinois, Cook, dupage, Grundy, Kane, Kendall, Lake
IL, McHenry, and will.
* From 4 PM CDT this afternoon through Saturday morning.
* Multiple rounds of thunderstorms producing heavy rainfall with
rates well over one inch per hour are likely to move across
portions of north central and northeast Illinois late Friday
afternoon through early Saturday morning.
* Additional heavy rainfall could exacerbate flooding already
occurring across portions of northern Illinois... producing new
rises on area rivers and creeks. With the ground already
saturated in many areas... heavy rainfall will likely quickly
produce runoff and produce flash flooding.
A Flash Flood Watch means that conditions may develop that lead
to flash flooding. Flash flooding is a very dangerous situation.
You should monitor later forecasts and be prepared to take action
should flash flood warnings be issued.
The flood advisory continues for
the Des Plaines river at River Forest
* until Monday morning.
* At 900 PM Thursday the stage was 15.3 feet.
* Action stage is 13.0 feet.
* Flood stage is 16.0 feet.
* Forecast... the river will rise to near 15.4 feet by early Friday.
Lat... Lon 4196 8790 4197 8780 4187 8777 4186 8787