Current conditions | Hour by hour
- Feels Like: 79 °F
- Humidity: 83%
- Wind: 13 mph East
- Sunrise 7:06 AM
- Sunset: 7:54 PM
- Barometer: 30.04 in
Chance of T-storms
- Hi 86° Lo 76°
- Hi 86° Lo 76°
- Hi 88° Lo 77°
- Hi 90° Lo 77°
- Chance of a Thunderstorm
- Saturday... Thunderstorms likely early. Lows overnight in the upper 70s.
- Saturday Night... Thunderstorms early, then cloudy skies after midnight. Low 77F. Winds ENE at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 80%.
- Sunday... Scattered thunderstorms in the morning becoming more widespread in the afternoon. High 87F. Winds E at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 80%.
- Sunday Night... Thunderstorms likely in the evening. Then the chance of scattered thunderstorms later on. Low 76F. Winds ESE at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 80%.
- Monday... Thunderstorms likely in the morning. Then the chance of scattered thunderstorms in the afternoon. High 87F. Winds SSE at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 80%.
|Almanac | Key: T = Trace of precipitation; MM = data not available|
|August 29, 2015|
|Normal high:||77°||Record high:||86° (2011)|
|Normal low:||59°||Record low:||32° (1914)|
|Complete weather almanac|
Latest weather stories
Areal Flood Watch
Statement as of 3:45 PM EDT on August 29, 2015
... Flood Watch in effect from Sunday morning through Monday
The National Weather Service in Tampa Bay area - Ruskin FL has
* Flood Watch for portions of FL and Florida... including the
following in FL... coastal ... Charlotte... coastal Hernando...
coastal Hillsborough... coastal Lee... coastal Manatee... coastal
Pasco... coastal Sarasota... inland Charlotte... inland
Hernando... inland Hillsborough... inland Lee... inland Manatee...
inland Pasco and inland Sarasota. In Florida... DeSoto...
Hardee... Highlands... Pinellas and Polk.
* From Sunday morning through Monday evening
* deep tropical moisture over the region combined with the
tropical moisture from the remnants of Erika currently over
central Cuba will create a threat for very heavy rainfall across
west central and southwest Florida through Monday. 3 to 5 inches
of rain with locally higher amounts is possible.
* Heavy rain may create significant flooding of streets... urban
areas... and low lying flood prone areas. Additional river
flooding may develop across west central Florida... and flooding
will likely be exacerbated on rivers currently in flood.
A Flood Watch means that flooding is possible during the next
24 to 36 hours. Residents living in flood prone areas should take
action to protect property.